[contact-form][contact-field label='New Field' type='text' required='1'/][/contact-form]
Canon Collins Scholarships 2022/2023- Fully Funded
Application call for 2022 Canon Collins Scholarships- Fully Funded. The scholarship is open to all and the deadline is 22nd September 2021.
Canon Collins Trust, in partnership with the Mail and Guardian, is offering a scholarship for one year of Masters study in Journalism, Communications or Media studies in 2022.
This scholarship seek to support exceptional individuals who are committed to social justice in Southern Africa, and for whom a postgraduate qualification is an essential tool in strengthening their work as a media specialist to promote positive social change, particularly in the area of Education. Funding for these scholarships has been made possible through support received from the Sol Plaatje Educational Project (SPEP).
2022 Canon Collins Scholarship offer funding towards one year of Masters study, an opportunity to enhance your networks and strengthen your leadership skills through organised events, mentorship by a widely respected educationalist and writer, and a 12-month paid internship as an Education Reporter at Mail & Guardian.
United Nation Young Pro
The Canon Collins Journalism for Social Change Scholarship includes:
- a contribution towards your costs for the duration of your study period (R60,000 per academic year);
- a 12-month paid internship at the Mail and Guardian;
- mentorship by the highly respected Educationalist and Education Writer alumna Dr Sara Black; and
- an opportunity to enhance your networks, and strengthen your academic and leadership skills through organized events.
Are you eligible for the 2022 Canon Collins Scholarships?
Eligible applicants must:
- be a South African national, normally residing in South Africa
- be in possession of a good Honours degree (minimum second class, upper division or equivalent) or about to graduate in the year of application
- be applying for a 1 year full-time Masters course in the field of Journalism, Communication or Media Studies at any South African university; or be already studying a 2 year course in this field
- be available to undertake a 12-month paid internship as an Education Reporter at the Mail and Guardian in 2023
- preference will be given to applicants that can demonstrate a commitment to education matters in South Africa through work experience, volunteerism or as an activist
Please download and read the guidelines carefully before applying for this scholarship.
How to apply
Applications for this scholarship will open on Wednesday 25th August 2021. The deadline for applications is at 15:00 GMT on 22nd September 2021.
Click here to fill the application form
Office 8, 334 Kennington Lane, London, SE11 5HY
Info: (+44) 020 8004 8362
Eva: +44 7748 722 482
Nia: +44 7407 412 541
Direct enquiries to email: firstname.lastname@example.org